6 Nisan 2012 Cuma

DAYS FOUR AND FIVE

Weekend catchup.

DAY 4

Very cool visitors make weekends more fun.

I bought a bunch of trashy dresses on super-sale at a trashy dress store. Then I wore one of them and it looked pretty amazing(ly trashy).

[EDIT (15:23, 09.04.2012): One reader claims that one can most certainly wear trashy dresses in grad school, especially to "trashy dress parties." ]

I also met someone in the midst of the GRAD LIFE.

me: so what do you do?
grad boy: I study
me: where?
grad boy: in the US
me: where?
grad boy: in [city]
me: where?
grad boy: at [school]
me: um. what department?
grad boy: political science
me: what kind of political science do you do?
grad boy: political theory
me: who's your man?
grad boy: actually my favorite theorist is a woman
me: Oh, so you like Hannah Arendt.
grad boy: Um, yeah.

Oh, political theory boys! I love the delightfully predictable ways you think you're unpredictable.

DAY 5

Brunch on a sunny terrace, picnic in the park with a duckling.

One more friend arrives in town, and we must accomodate him by pretending Sunday night is still the weekend. But he is the best so we'll push through to Wednesday.


1 yorum:

  1. german boy was at least interesting enough to fuck with, even though i was remarkably unimpressed by him. but that political science guy was just straight up boring. you shouldn't even waste time talking to people like that! and i'm so tired :(

    YanıtlaSil