17 Nisan 2012 Salı

DAY FOURTEEN - HOW AM I DIFFERENT THAN A PERSON PAID TO DO NOTHING FOR SCIENCE

HOW MY JOB IS BOTH SIMILAR TO AND DIFFERENT THAN THAT OF A NASA PILLOWNAUT


Pillownauts are those people that NASA pays to stay in bed as some sort of experiment in low or no gravity simulation.  While wondering around the halls of the office today searching for sunlight, I wondered...how is my lot in life similar to and different from these brave souls who have sold their living bodies to science? Here's what I've got so far.

- We both get paid to do nothing. 
- Pillownauts make more to do nothing than I do. But perhaps not after taxes!
- Thrown off balance by the vortex of energy and spirit known as our respective workplaces, we both are prone to blog about shit most people don't really care about.
- While a NASA Pillownaut is paid to NEVER GET OUT OF BED, I am paid to never leave the office.  But I can leave my chair and hang out in the kitchen. And occasionally I need to get things from the copy machine.
- NASA Pillownauts are contributing to a growing body of knowledge about the effects of space travel on human beings. I am contributing to absolutely nothing.
- When the Pillownauts spend hours upon hours online to numb themselves to the boredom of their existence, they aren't blocked from accessing the best parts of the internet, i.e. tumblr.
- They don't feel guilty, I'm guessing, for watching movies at work. 

But how is my job different than this guy's? Unclear.

3 yorum:

  1. - NASA pillonauts cannot engage in cross-training or other forms of sexytimes. You can.

    - NASA pillonauts cannot train for a swim across the Bosphorus, except mentally. You can.

    - NASA pillonauts cannot sit up to eat. You can.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Although regarding number 1, I suppose phone sex would not be rule out? So, I must amend number 1:

    - NASA pillonauts cannot engage in sexy-times that physically involve another partner/any cross-training activities. You can.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Poor pillownauts. I feel a little bit better about myself now.

    YanıtlaSil