4 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba

DAY ONE

So it is decided! Instead of starting a real career, I'm throwing caution to the wind and have decided to accept an offer to sit in a library to read, write and grade papers for the better part of a decade!

I don't exactly know where (therefore when) I will go this fall, so instead of counting down, I will count UP, describing my life, which is filled with all sorts of fantastic things you can't do in grad school.

I may also be drawing inspiration from a favorite blog of mine, but to CONCEAL MY TRUE IDENTITY I will restrain myself from linking!  But remember what they say about imitation.

So here it begins.

DAY ONE!

I sat at my desk where I should be working, but since I don't really have that much work to do, I read some Murakami. And when I needed to take a break, I gossiped with officemate for a long time about a variety of people I don't really care about that much. And some people I guess I kinda do. And when that got boring, I drank my free liter of freshly-squeezed orange/carrot/ginger juice that arrived one hour later but I still graciously received. Well I didn't drink the whole liter. Then when that got boring I went back to the most difficult task of my day: reading more Murakami.  No, he's not a particularly difficult author, but sustaining interest in a SINGLE story over 900 pages? Ugh!  Who has that kind of sustained attention? Not a non-grad!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder